Event director and company owner Craig Bush has 35 years experience working in the education sector.• 10 years experience in Event management
• 20 years management experience in the education sector .
• Member Dunedin Gasworks Museum Trust
• Member Southern Heritage Trust
Professional Events Experience and achievements:
- 2011 ongoing North Georgia State University undergraduate and graduate teacher New Zealand programme.
- 2013 Heritage Impact Symposium and Gasworks 150 Celebrations.
- 2012 Dunedin Steam Festival - ExcellentEvents worked with the Southern Heritage Trust, Taieri Gorge Rail and other groups to design and manage a successful event.
- Pokeno Wheels and Heels Cycle Event 2004 – 2013 Pokeno School, Franklin. 250+ participants. This is an annual event requiring a Traffic Management plan with a particular emphasis on safety of participants. Due to successful marketing, this event has grown into a sustainable event that is supported by leading NZ cyclists and has become a major fundraiser for Pokeno School.
- IPENZ 3rd Australian Heritage Conference 2009 Salmond College Dunedin. Excellent Events sat on the organising committee and worked specifically on tour brochure itineraries, poster publicity, digital production of proceedings and papers and provided IT technical support services to the conference.
- NZRTLB Conference 2008. Telsta Clear Pacific Centre, Manukau City. Over 30 exhibitors were present in the trade area. ExcellentEvents worked with the organising committee to plan the event. ExcellentEvents project managed all aspects of the event and programme to ensure very successful outcome.
- New Zealand Association of Special Schools Principals Conferences. Copthorne Hotel, Waitangi. 2008
- SocCon (Social Science educators) Conference 2007: Langham Hotel Auckland. . ExcellentEvents ensured through sustained marketing activities that the participation levels were increased from those of previous events.
- ExcellentEvents works with the client to establish critical pathways and milestones to ensure services are delivered on time. We construct a full business plan and risk analysis for the event. EEL uses online project management tools and calendars to track tasks and critical stages. We have budgeting software for establishing budgets and monitoring cost control and use CashManager™ for all accounting needs.
- EL has templates for daily run sheets to ensure events run smoothly.
- We have proven ability to multi-task many different projects and prioritise against tight deadlines, without losing attention to detail.
- We conduct negotiations with partners, contractors and suppliers, and successfully negotiate favourable rates with venues and liaised with venue management to ensure client needs are met. We manage all aspects of event logistics from catering, exhibition stands, staging, entertainment, sound and lighting. Individuals in the events management team have assigned tasks so they can focus on the job in hand.
- We are experienced at setting up evaluation surveys and writing post event reports. ExcellentEvents has the capability to set up online evaluation facilities.
- ExcellentEvents uses a world leading dedicated online registration facility so our company is experienced at configuring online registration systems to manage events which present fully customisable reports.
- ExcellentEvents is experienced in the development of event marketing plans based upon SWOT analysis. For each event we complete a marketing plan that links back to budget requirements. Once established we implemented the marketing plan using a variety of media to promote interest including online marketing tools and mass email programmes.
- Our Events Director is a skilled communicator, with the ability to speak confidently in public as well as work with a variety of media. The ExcellentEvents team creates newsletters, press releases and writes copy for websites and e-news mail outs. ExcellentEvents has the capacity to design programmes, posters and information packs for event participants. Craig Bush has much experience with information technologies and has a high level of competency in working with web technologies. He is a competent web designer who has developed specific applications to run events such as online registration packages and database driven software. ExcellentEvents uses the benefits of social media such as Twitter, and Facebook to provide information on events. Our online registration system allows sms messages to be sent directly to participants cellphones.
- We have proven ability to work across different groups in the community. We have worked with committees representing a variety of community interests.